Neighbourhood Plans need to be kept up to date. Nearly three years later there have been local and national changes that mean that the plan needs to be updated.
These reasons include:
- Thinking how we can respond to climate change.
- Opportunities to help re-plan major new developments at Langarth and Pydar street.
- A need to make improvements to health and wellbeing.
- Creation of a greener city and encouraging more sustainable ways to travel.
There is also a need for new policies to meet specific issues and planning needs for the area. There have been some significant changes since the plan was adopted.
- Proposals to improve the quality of development at Langarth.
- Redevelopment proposals for the former carrick offices at Pydar street. Cornwall and Truro city councils have also declared climate change emergencies. Changing the current plan will help guide these major developments.
It will also promote:
- Better energy efficiency.
- Other environmental standards for new buildings and places.