Yes all the garden city principles have been incorporated and are also covered by the 10 agreed Design Principles:
- Land value capture for the benefit of the community.
- Strong vision, leadership and community engagement.
- Community ownership of land and long-term stewardship of assets.
- Mixed-tenure homes and housing types that are genuinely affordable.
- A wide range of local jobs in the Garden City within easy commuting
- Beautifully and imaginatively designed homes with gardens, combining
the best of town and country to create healthy communities, and including
opportunities to grow food.
- Development that enhances the natural environment, providing a
comprehensive green infrastructure network and net biodiversity gains,
and that uses zero-carbon and energy-positive technology to ensure
- Strong cultural, recreational and shopping facilities in walkable, vibrant,
- Integrated and accessible transport systems, with walking, cycling and
public transport designed to be the most attractive forms of local